Far in the Community
- Member- Board of Governors – McMaster University
- Member- Rotary Club of Burlington North
- Past Chair- Fundraising & Foundation
- Paul Harris award recipient
- Director and Co-founder – Board of United International Long Drive (BUILD)
- Founder – Smashing Girls Mentoring Program
- Recipient of Province of Ontario Leading Women award, 2017
- Nominated for Citizen of the Year – Burlington, Ontario, 2017
- Nominated for YWCA Woman of Distinction award, 2017
Far is co-founder and supporter of several community events as part of her membership with Rotary Club of Burlington North.
The event has raised more than $400,000 to date for the Capital Campaign for the Redevelopment of JBH and Rotary supported charities.
A 5km run or walk and 10km run through Bronte Provincial Park provides an ideal setting for this community event in support of Start2Finish, a reading and running charity helping school aged children in Halton Region.
The program provides an avenue for creative, entrepreneurial residents and students of Halton Region to pitch their business concepts and product ideas in front of a live audience and a panel of real business moguls from the community.
Fareen proudly hosts and organizes this Skins Classic in support of the Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation. The Classic has raised over $77,000 for the JBH Foundation.
Fareen proudly organizes this golf event in Canada and internationally in Kenya to raise money for the development of long drive and to support local charities such as Breast Cancer Support Services, Big Brothers Big Sisters Hamilton/ Burlington and youth mentorship opportunities through sport. To date Drive for Show has raised over $16,000